India Summer

India Summer

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Underdog and Big Pharma

Underdog: Responsible for a generation of pill abuse?

So I'm watching an episode of "Underdog". It's a cartoon from the 1960's. Someone who will go unnamed (not me) has the entire DVD collection... Anyway I'm watching Underdog, having breakfast and it occurs to me that everytime Underdog is in the shit, he pops open his little magic ring on his finger and takes the little magic pill inside it. Lo and behold everytime he takes that pill, he conquers all of his troubles and saves Little Polly Purebred. Where do I get one of those rings and the pills that go in it? The one pill solves everything pill.

So I have to ask you 40-60 year olds... Do any of you feel like Underdog led you into drug abuse? Especially if you were into Pills?

What do you suppose that pill was that Underdog had in his ring? Vicodin? Ecstasy? LSD? Flintstone Vitamin?

And all those Right-Wing Jobs blamed The Beatles... Ok, maybe you can pin the weed on them and Dylan, but the CIA and Tim Leary and the Paperclip Nazis should get the credit for LSD. The CIA and Freud get the credit for Cocaine and Underdog gets the Big Pharma Sales Rep of the last century award.

Facetiously Yours, India Summer


Note*  I had some great responses to this blog on my myspace account.  I should post those too!

No comments:

Post a Comment