India Summer

India Summer

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Diary Entry Oct, 15th, 2009 Hawaii

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Paradise Found

Current mood: blissful

I walk out the back of my room onto a manicured lawn and follow a path sprinkled with the fallen flowers of Plumeria trees that guide me to the beach. Every breath, every breeze is sweetened by their perfume. It is a 5am. I've been on mountains under clear skies, I've been in the dirty dust of Hollywood, but I've never seen stars like this before. Even now a cacophony of birds sing to praise, sing to raise the sun. I sit on the beach alone, in the darkness gazing through binoculars at the western sky. Surf pounds on the beach like the earth's drummer. I see a fast moving light, I watch it traverse the sky, cutting across constellations, rising from the west, passing over my head...a satellite? ...the space station?....I know not.... behind me, running from the sun is the hammock of the moon and behind that whimsical smile, Venus precedes Apollo and his cape of light. Then from the northern sky a falling star. The universe, always hurling rocks at us, and spaceship Earth with her invisible force field protecting us, cooking space stones into nothingness. Apollo has come to erase the stars from the sky. I walk back to my room. Under soft morning lights I see bright green geckos mock vertical walls. Out of the bushes comes one of my newest friends, a black cat with a clipped ear...He walks with me, he runs around me, he rolls in the grass...he could be a she..I don't know..but we seem to have an understanding...him or her and his or her two bothers/sisters. Always there, emerging from bushes to walk with me and be near me, close but not too close, my first Hawaiian friends, a trio of black cats. I have lived a lifetime today and the sun has barely risen. Time to snorkel!


India Summer 6am Kohala Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment