India Summer

India Summer

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Opinions and Bungholes

Opinions and Assholes

Current mood: blessed

You know the old saying; "Opinions are like assholes; everybody has one."

I'm thinking of changing my blog name from "The Summer Times" to "India Summer's Asshole"

I'm always blabbing away, dancing with my ego and trying to save paper by filling up this little white space with all the BS that comes tumbling through my little head...most of it completely useless.

I like to think of it as extracting the crazy from my head and putting it here (under the microscope) for study and observation.

I say and write some outlandish things on here...but only because it's "My blog". I don't want you thinking I go to Walgreens or the Mall and start spewing outloud in public like I do here. Don't worry, I'm not teaching in any formal schools.

I definitely expose my asshole/opinions on here. So welcome to my asshole viewing portal. It's the place you get to look in and see my asshole/opinion.

Reading my blog is essentially like having anal sex with me. At least orally speaking. *giggle



I'm kind of at the stage (again) where I'm sick of myself. When I get to that place, I feel like shutting up and feeding my head.

India Summer



Here is some advice that I give myself. In fact I'm giving it to myself right now. If you like it and it rings true, you can use it too.



The Wind cannot shake a mountain. Neither praise nor blame moves the wise man.

(The Dhammapada of Gautama the Buddha. Circa 500BC)



The Wind cannot shake a mountain. Neither praise nor blame moves the wise man.

Praise and blame are not in any way different to the wise man---they are all alike. Whether the ignorant person, the unawakened person praises you or blames you. What difference does it make? Both come from their sleep.

It is like a man in a dream shouts, and blames or praises you. Will you take any note of it? Will you differentiate between the two?

A man in a dream may condemn you or may praise you---you know he is dreaming, he is asleep---it doesn't matter! There is no difference. What he is saying is all nonsense. When he wakes up he will laugh at himself, it will look so ridiculous.

Hence, you can praise the Buddha (or Jesus), you can condemn him---millions will condemn him, very few will praise him---but it makes no difference to him. He remains like an unmoving mountain, an immovable mountain.

OSHO

No comments:

Post a Comment