India Summer

India Summer

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Posting a Correction FUKUDOME

Yesterday on twitter, I made the statement that my favorite Dodger's name was "Fukudome" and that had I known his name prior to choosing my stage name, I may have chosen "Fukudome" as my stage name.  Maybe a last name, maybe a single name.  Hey, Ron Artest went with "Meta World Peace", so maybe I'll still just change my whole name to Fuk-U-Do-Me.



So here is the correction;  After tweeting something to that effect, my friend "Coach" wrote to me and said, "He's not a Dodger, he's a Cub."

I'm like, "Well he used to be a pitcher on the Dodgers, wasn't he?"

Coach, "No, he was never on the Dodgers, and he's a white fielder!"
 
I said, A "white" fielder?  You don't even know who I am talking about! This guy is Japanese!

Coach: "Right fielder....RIGHT fielder!"  And I'm like, "Yeah, the guy that stands on the dirt hill in the middle of the field, the King, the Pitcher....the guy that throws the ball to the quarterback behind the dinner plate! Duh!"

Coach, obviously recognizing my superior sports knowledge, shook his head in defeat and said, "yeah... well now, he's on the Indians. He's a Japanese Indian."  And soulfully we did laugh at my brain gas.


Anyway, I'd like to apologize for giving anyone the false idea the Fukudome played for the Dodgers.  Every summer I always go to the Dodger-Cubs games and they both wear blue and white. You'll have to forgive me for seeing Fukudome at Dodger stadium in blue & white and then getting it twisted in my head that he was a Dodger.

India Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment